A unique European information network
In order to produce our considerable output of information on the audiovisual industries in Europe, the Observatory has built up a unique information network supplying us with all types of data and analysis. This network is made up of over 1,000 different information contacts, comprising:
- Partner institutions and organisations
- Professional information suppliers
- Selected individual correspondents
The information we receive is then processed by the Observatory's two Departments: the Department for Information on Markets and Financing and the Department for Legal Information. It is then distributed in the form of publications, information on line, free access databases and conference presentations.
Networks within the network
Given the various sectors of the audiovisual industry we cover, each expert or analyst working on a specific field at the Observatory has his or her own cinema-related, television-related or legal affairs network, for example. These sub-networks can be listed as follows for the Observatory's two Departments:
Department for Information on Markets and Financing:
- EFARN network: the Heads of Research and Statistics from national and European film agencies.This network works within the framework of the European Film Agency Directors (EFAD) group. The European Audiovisual Observatory is in charge of its Secretariat EFARN presentation.
- LUMIERE network: organisations such as national film agencies, distributors' organisations or market research firms provide data which is fed into the Lumiere cinema admissions database.
- MAVISE network: correspondents from European television companies and broadcasters supply key data which is fed into the MAVISE European television database.
Department for Legal Information:
- IRIS network: legal correspondents throughout Europe supply short reporting on the latest legal developments in Europe concerning the audiovisual sector. These articles are published in the IRIS newsletter and stored in the IRIS MERLIN database.
- IRIS editorial board: representatives from our legal network who assist in deciding on the Observatory's output of legal information and publications.
Our Partner Organisations
- The review Auteurs & Media
- Bureau van Dijk Electronic Publishing
- Cable Europe
- The Department for media, information society, data protection and cybercrime of the Council of Europe
- The review Δimee, Media & Communication Law
- European Broadcasting Union
- Hans Bredow Institute
- International Video Federation
- Légicom review
- Légipresse review
- LyngSat satellite TV monitoring
- Mediaforum review
- Médiamétrie/EurodataTV Worldwide
- The MEDIA Programme
- MEDIA Salles
- Screen Digest
Legal Observations of the European Audiovisual Observatory
Online access to the tables & graphs of the Observatory's Yearbook
Database on the transposition of the AVMS Directive into national legislation
Database on legal information relevant to the audiovisual sector in Europe
Database on admissions to films released in Europe
Database on TV and on-demand audiovisual services and companies in Europe